Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Good Friday: The Seven Last Words of Christ

1.    "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do."  
Pater, dimitte illis, quia nesciunt, quid faciunt. Lk. 23: 34  


2.   "This day thou shalt be with me in Paradise." 
 Hodie mecum eris in Paradiso.  Lk. 23: 43

3.   "Woman, behold thy son."  
Mulier, ecce filius tuus.  Jn. 19: 26-7

4.   ""My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Deus meus, Deus meus, utquid dereliquisti me?  
Mk. 15: 34 (Mt. 27: 46)

5.   "I thirst."  Sitio.  Jn. 19:28

6.   "It is finished."  Consummatum est. Jn.: 19:28

7.   "Into thine hands, O Lord, I commend my spirit."  
In manus tuas, Domine, commendo spiritum meum.  Lk. 23:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle