Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Monday, April 16, 2012

Modest Dresses are Hard to Come By

City of Angels Shirt
City of Angels Shirt
Be sure to place your vote below, for our exclusive Liturgical Time discount on the Shabby Apple dress line of our choice.

If my daughter had not finished high school early, she would be preparing for prom about now.  Hence, our mailbox is littered with catalogs for prom dresses.  I'm not quite sure why every dress shop in the country seems to know that an 18 year old girl lives in the house, but they do.  It's a bit creepy, actually.  What is really creepy though, is the fact that 90% of the dresses featured look like they belong on a street corner or in a "gentlemen's club".  Seriously.  I'm reticent to be so graphic, but...it's true.  I find it frightening what we have come to.


Oscar Shirt
Oscar Shirt
Thankfully, Elyse started college at 16, and won't be needing a prom dress.  Those parents whose daughters are shopping for one at present, have my sympathy.  The best solution may be the sewing machine.  For those who neither allow their daughters to display body parts that used to be shown only to husbands, nor are adept with the sewing machine, the search will take some extra effort.


Alice
Alice
This is true for all women these days, I suppose.  Modesty is not popular.  Exposed cleavage is commonplace.  Young women show more thigh than not.  I'm still convinced that modest covering is more alluring than a free peek at the merchandise.  I could be wrong about this in regards to today's young men, but, I doubt it.

At any rate, there are some sellers who have modest dresses available.  Shabby Apple is one of them.  Usually, they are a tad bit pricey, but, they are offering readers of this blog a deal that we may not be able to refuse.
Curiouser and Curiouser
Curiouser and Curiouser

We need only vote on a dress line, and Shabby Apple will provide us with an exclusive customized deal on that line.  Elyse has proposed six initial dress lines to choose from.  There are choices in each line which are appropriate to ladies of any age.  Take a look, and leave a comment below to let us  which dress line you vote for, or, nominate your own.  Unfortunately, swimwear and fitness wear are excluded.

Once we've collected votes, we'll announce a dress line "winner"...and I will submit to Shabby Apple for our exclusive deal on that line.




Shabby Apple will extend an exclusive Liturgical Time discount on the dress line of our choice!
Let us know your vote by leaving a comment below.
Here are the choices, (or, nominate your own):


3. Yosemite

4. Baja

5. Silk Road

8 comments:

  1. I second Academia!

    My daughter is only five and my goodness, all you can find are miniskirts in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ming from Silk Roads or Beauty Mark from Classics...

    Okay, Scarlett Dragon was the tie-breaker.

    I cast my vote for Silk Roads... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... so at first I voted for Academia... but then after looking at the website I LOVE ALL THE MAD HATTER DRESSES! I'm nominating "Mad Hatter"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I second Mad Hatter! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle