Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Oops!...I Blame AdSense!

By Stefan Doering (Own work) [Public domain],
via Wikimedia Commons
As a blogger, I do not actually visit the public version of my site regularly.  I am often looking at it through Blogger.  The other day, I took a look at the public site and found a Google ad for a dating service.  I was more than a little unhappy, since I (supposedly) have all ads for dating, and other "sensitive categories", blocked.  I immediately disabled all ads at that point.

This morning, I got to thinking that it may just be a fluke, and re enabled them.  Well, a minute ago, I returned to the public site to check on the situation and found...below my "Modesty, Purity, and Tools for a Successful Marriage" post no less...a rather large ad featuring an "inadequately dressed" woman sporting a lot of skin and some really scarry 1970's powder blue eye shadow.  It was graced with a logo featuring "devil horns" and the choice words: "Be Naughty, Date Local Singles in Your Area"...which would be really funny, if it weren't so horrifying.

I heartily apologize, and will keep a much closer watch on these things in the future.

Way to go Adsense.  What a dissapointment.
On a side note, I couldn't resist the above photo.  I have to poke fun at my self regularly, or life ceases to be any fun.

Hope you had a great weekend!  And again, I apologize,
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle