Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Oh! One More Free Book Worth Mentioning Today!

Ad Meskens via Wikimedia Commons

I was not at all planning to do a Christian fiction post for the Free Kindle Books series today. I had posted the Aquinas books, as part of an effort to expand the offerings and was going to leave it at that....until I saw this one.


Amish fiction is rather popular these days. The books generally portray a simple, uncomplicated faith-based life for those who are happy to be part of the community. I suppose that such a portrayal is probably an accurate. However, things are rarely purely simple. There are complexities to participation in any circumscribed  community. As I read through the description of this book, it brought to mind the "Lost Boys" of fundamentalist Mormonism and the efforts of those who assist persons who wish to leave Fundamentalist Mormon communities.

I do not write much about my Mormon experience or heritage. What I have written about it communicates truthfully that I bear the LDS (Mormon) church no ill will. I can attest, though, based upon my own experiences and upon tales handed down through family lore, that religious life in close-knit faith communities does bear complexities. I have no idea whether my presumption of parallels between such experiences and the tale told in this book is valid or not, but the description of the book piqued my interest, so I though I would pass it along.

As always, this book was free at the time this post was written.  However, that may change at any time. Be sure to check the price before adding it to your cart, to make certain that it is still free at the time of your "purchase."





You do not need a Kindle to read this free book.
You can simply download a free Kindle reader for your PC.


Dreaming of a Kindle under the Christmas tree?
Shop Kindles here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle