Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Friday, July 26, 2013

7 Posts in 7 days: 7 Quick Takes Friday (Picking up on a Pattern Here?)


--- 1 ---
Today was the last day of special education summer school-- which is really awesome.

--- 2 ---
When I arrived at school this morning, I found that the campus had been taken over by five pickup trucks, two backhoes, seven construction workers, and one very cacophonous jack hammer. It seems that a tremendous amount of concrete needed to be torn out for Heaven knows what reason. Why would this be scheduled on the last day that there were some 32 students with autism and other disabilities that make the presence of a cacophonous jack hammer highly undesirable? I have no idea. They do not ask the educators about these things.

--- 3 ---
I had, in the past seven school days, pretty much exhausted this lovely cabinet of materials in my colleague's speech room.


Lots of good stuff in there.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do for yet another day though. Then, I realized that this hidden gem may be promising,


..and viola! Life is full of pleasant surprises.



The day turned out to be fine -- jack hammer and all.


--- 4 ---
I am making liturgical tea towels. So, what might liturgical tea towels be?  It seems that if the kitchen is the heart of the home, and the home is the domestic church -- then a liturgical kitchen is in order, no?  They'll be ready for the shop soon. Debut to come.

--- 5 ---
I signed a contributor's contract with a publishing company today. which is really,  really awesome.
Remember the forthcoming book on celebrating the church year in the home? It is anticipated to be available this Advent.

--- 6 ---

I am finally making friends with my embroidery machine. The tea towels pushed the merger forward. I'm looking forward to using it a great deal.

--- 7 ---
Did I mention summer school ended today?  :)



For more 7 posts in 7 days contributors,

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!



Want free delivery to your email box?  Enter your email address to subscribe:

2 comments:

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle