Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Monday, July 22, 2013

Seven Posts in Seven Days - Choosing the Positive




Okay folks, I'm taking on Jen Fulwiler's challenge to write 7 posts in 7 days. I haven't been posting much lately, because, frankly, I've been a little discouraged. There doesn't seem to be much to feel positively about lately.

When I was young, my mother told me that I had two choices.  I could be happy or I could be sad. That makes quite a bit of sense, don't you think? So, seven days of looking for the positive seems a wise choice.

On July 13, Temar Boggs, a 15 year old boy from Pennsylvania, saved a 5 year old girl by following her abductor's car for 15 minutes on his bike.  Now, that's something to feel hopeful about.
The story is here.

Six more days of smiles to come...

Pax Christi dear ones,
~Michelle

For more 7 posts in 7 days contributors,

6 comments:

  1. Michelle,

    I have missed you, and I think I know what you are referring to. I am very sensitive, just like you. It's hard not to let things bother us, but just know how valued you, your blog and your shop are to me. You have such a soothing and spiritual touch in your writing, and I'm always happy to see a new post from you in my feed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tiffany! I'm so glad to have in you a "blogger friend." :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Michelle,

    I've been reading your blog for close to a year now, and for what it's worth, I love reading whaty ou have to say about church history and the church calendar and the significance of various days/celebrations/fasts/saints/observances/rituals etc. As someone who has come from a non-denominational evangelical christian background, and who is exploring the anglican tradition, I have found your blog to be informative and beautifully written and inspiring. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been aware that I've been neglecting the church history/calendar/observances/liturgy aspect of my blog -- which is odd because that is my primary purpose here. A new church year approaches in the distance; you have inspired me to blog the calendar through the entire year.
      Thanks so much for your comment and encouragement. :)

      Delete
  3. Michelle, I feel for you in your discouragement, I've been there lately too. You have encouraged me though to look for the positive, even if it is hard to see it. I'm not a blogger but I will try, also, for the next 7 days to find the positive in my little world. It might help me to turn off the news and get off the internet for a while :-). Here's to the next 7 days.
    Jennifer B. D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I have a companion in this week's efforts Jennifer! Thanks for taking the time to let me know. Blessings on your efforts. :)

      Delete

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle