Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Nothing New, Just Trusting God

California has been in a preeeeetty bad drought lately. 

The deserts are more desert-y and the forests are catching on fire. It’s easy to feel hopeless when something like that is happening. It’s easy to feel hopeless with anything in life—work, relationships, loss, etc.

This is no new revelation for anyone, we’ve heard it from blog post after blog post, but I think people need reminding because we always forget. I’ve been having trust issues too. I start to not trust because things aren’t going my way, and then I get scared, and I forget that the Lord is always watching and always guiding me to something better.

God reminds us to trust Him, because when we grasp and flounder for control, everything spirals out of control. Sometimes He has to remind us that we need Him.

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10


Whenever I go to work with Mom, there is a sign planted out in the middle of the desert that says “If my people humble themselves and pray, I will heal their land.”  

So I tried it last night, I tried to be humble and realize there’s nothing I can do without God’s help, and that I was trying to control things and make them go my way, when the Creator has something so much better planned. I stopped asking for that cheap artificially sweetened chocolate when God has the real good stuff from Sweden. I asked Him to help me trust because there is no peace without trust, and I asked him to keep us coming ever closer, and I asked for rain.


:) I woke up to that rain. Even if we've heard something a hundred times before, we need to hear it one more time.

- Elyse


"Here comes rain again" by Juni from Kyoto, Japan - Flickr. Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons - http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Here_comes_rain_again.jpg#mediaviewer/File:Here_comes_rain_again.jpg

You might also like:



Linked with blogs on the Blog Hops page.



Want free delivery to your email box?  Enter your email address to subscribe:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle