Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Things I Wish I'd Known Earlier - Considering the Source

Photo: Ross Heale-Whittle, click for license
As I approach the age of 45, I have an entirely different outlook than I did in any decade before this one in my life.  I spent a lot of time, before this, taking to heart the judgments of others...particularly those of people who were older than me. 

Now, I can look at those older than me and realize that many of them are sorrowfully ill-equipped to give advice, and wholly unqualified to pass judgement upon others.  I can also look at many younger than me,... by whom I would have been intimidated, had they been my peer in my 20s, or even 30s....and realize that they are rather laughable really, and nothing to be intimated by, at all.  

Some people are just a lot of show, and no substance.  Still others are rather unhealthy, and the product of poor upbringing and experiences.  Age has really nothing to do with any of it, other than the fact that, if someone has wisdom, that wisdom increases with age and experience, and may be benefited from.  If someone is hollow, or emotionally unhealthy, or just plain laughable...being older does not change that.  

So, my suggestion is this:  Respect wisdom, especially in those with experience...but do not assume that experience equals wisdom.
~~~~~~~~~~

It's time for our third Sunday Ponderings Link-up.  Feel free to link up your family friendly posts on homemaking, marriage & family life, Christian reflections, Christian observances, or anything else that you feel might be a blessing to readers.

 Please include our Link Party button  in your post. 
You'll find the button on the right sidebar.  If you are unable to include the button, please include a text link.

Pax Christi,
~Michelle

1 comment:

  1. So true. I wish I would have read this 20 years ago. "Looking unto Jesus..."

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle