Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Husband's New Love: I've Been Replaced by an Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer

Remember the Amazon credit that we racked up by selling back college textbooks?  In true frugal homemaker style, I have been spending it wisely on things like a very well priced six pack of granola that we loveand well priced quantities of exciting things like... deodorant.

My husband, however, outdid my frugal planning efforts by bringing to the forefront an item that we simply cannot live without.  ( I now know that we cannot live without it, because he assures me that this is true.)

So...off went the final $52.00 of our credit on the purchase of....a Masterbuilt 20010611 Butterball Professional Series Indoor Electric Turkey Fryer.

 

Far be it from me to question my husband's judgment on the matter of "needs" versus "wants".

He had been in the market for a deep fryer, but this one will do a whole turkey, (up to 14 pounds), and will steam foods also.

We bought a "used" one.  At least, it was being sold as used. The box was a bit beaten up when it arrived; it had clearly been opened before, but the turkey fryer was still in plastic and had all of the interior Styrofoam packaging in place.  It does not appear to have ever been used.

Anyway, I would like to be able to say that my husband is as pleased to have me in his life as he is about owning this turkey fryer.  However, I would not wish to mislead you, dear reader.

Tonight, he arrived home from work, and made a beeline to the kitchen, to use his new toy.  And...you know what?   Dinner was actually pretty wonderful, and, as I write this, he is doing the dishes...so, I think I'll keep him and his new beloved turkey fryer.

A couple of down sides:  The cord is actually pretty short.  I suppose that may be a safety precaution. Also, the fryer itself is a bit large.  We won't be putting it under the counter; I suppose it will have a home in the garage.

One thing, that we learned tonight, is that it makes sense to have more things ready to cook than just the meat.  Once you heat the oil, you might as well take advantage of it.  I think next time we will have some onion rings ready to cook as well.

Hopefully, his devotion to his new toy will die down at some point, and he will remember that I exist.



I hope your week is going splendidly!
~Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle