Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Supreme Court, Affordable (Abortion) Care, and Underwear

By Marcial4 (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org
/licenses/by-sa/3.0)] , via Wikimedia Commons
In light of a recent Supreme Court decision which I did not welcome, I am reminded...

I must not allow it to overwhelm me.

I must create peace within my own house.  I must cultivate godliness within my home.  I must spread the love of Christ within these walls.

This country is my home too, and I have responsibilities to it.  There are signs to be lifted, protests to stand in,...I must stand vigilant.

But, I cannot allow this responsibility to overtake my primary one.  There is time for those actions.  There is a measure of my soul and energy and effort to be meted out to things so critically important...

Colibri-thalassinus-001-edit
Mdf [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)], via Wikimedia Commons






...But today, there is bread to be baked.  There are veils to be made, and ironing.  Lots of ironing.

There is the peace of Christ to be laid lightly over this family, to encase us, gently, in the folds of our Savior's love.

Effective action must come of Peace within.   In the meantime, these dear ones have been placed in my nurturing care.

And they need clean underwear.


...Pax Christi, Dear Ones
Regardless of our political positions, we, each one of us, stand responsible to nurture those entrusted to us, and to engender peace.

Lord, grant us Thy Peace,
~Michelle





1 comment:

  1. Thus far, the most Christian and logical response I've seen.

    Sharing.

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle