Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Piece of Cake

I have a way of taking things entirely too seriously.  I know people, marvelously happy people, who simply go through life with joy, not over thinking things.


This seems entirely unachievable for me.
I can admire it, but I cannot do it.
Not that my thoughts amount to much.  But, I cannot stop thinking them.


I sometimes think it would be nice to take things lightly, to live life like one is simply sitting down to enjoy a piece of cake.


Instead, I ponder and moan, and frown.  I spend endless periods of time contemplating.


I'm quite sure God is shaking his head.
This is likely not what he had in mind.



So, in the spirit of focusing on life's joys by living it like a stint of cake eating...
I leave you with lovely pictures of some of Elyse's cakes.




Have a blessed Sabbath Day.

And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment. ~Luke 23:56


Enjoy!
Pax Christi,

~Michelle





Lined with:
Wise Woman, Raising Homemakers, EOA @ Deep Roots at Home, Women Living Well Wednesdays,
The Modest Mom
You'll find their buttons on the Blog Hops page.

4 comments:

  1. What a talented girl your Elyse is....and thank you so much for not posting a cake on a fasting day time, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it was Mothering Sunday! You have to let the nutty Anglicans be nutty Anglicans. haha!
      (But yes, posting a cake in Lent was kinda rotten.) =D

      Delete
  2. Wow - those are incredible!

    Talented indeed... wow! Quite the eye (and hand) for artistry. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle