Visit the Shop at LiturgicalTime.net:

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lose the Can: How to Whip Real Cream

I've been called opinionated.  (I can't imagine why.)
At any rate, here are a couple of my opinions:

Devotional candles should be beeswax (more on that later), and whipped cream should NOT come from a can.


So then...whipping cream, it's not a big deal.
Just do it.



You're going to need a carton of whipping cream, some powdered sugar, some vanilla if you have it, and a mixer.  I prefer heavy whipping cream, but my husband bought this...so it's regular whipping cream, which is great too.



It's best if you chill the bowl and beater in the freezer for awhile, but it will still work if you don't.  Pour the cream in the bowl.  Use of whip attachment if you have one.  Start whipping.

Add powdered sugar to taste...somewhere between a tablespoon and 1/4 cup.

Add a splash of vanilla if you want.  If you are the measuring type, go for about a teaspoon.



Turn your mixer up to its highest speed.



Keep whipping until the cream is stiff and stands up in peaks.  Don't overthink this.  You've had whipped cream; you know what it looks like.


That's it.  You'll never go back.

Paul Downey: License:  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/deed.en

Linked with:
Wise Woman, Raising Homemakers, Just for Fun Fridays @ Pieces of Amy



2 comments:

  1. looking forward to hearing your opinion of beeswax candles :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last night and it was wonderful! It must have been meant to be, because last week my mother-in-law lent me her stand mixer (long-term lending, she hardly uses it), and then my grandmother gave me some extra zucchini and the zucchini bread recipe I found (chocolate chips in it, yum) recommended serving with whipped cream. So it must not have been an accident that I saw this post! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! We love to hear from you. You are embraced here in Christian charity.Your comment will not show up immediately. Rest assured that is has been received and will be published soon.

Pax Christi!
~Michelle